What We’re Doing
Every year Verge Center for the Arts organizes artists in Sacramento into two weekends of open studios. We are 11 artists spread over four locations in the Curtis Park area opening our spaces for tours, demos, and sales. We are putting together a crawl that guides visitors through the neighborhood with stops at each studio — highlighting places to stop and refuel on the way. Attendees who stop at each studio and get a stamp on their passport can enter to win one of four gift baskets filled with donated art and goods from our neighborhood sponsors.
Our team is putting together multiple marketing efforts, including:
- A website with map: http://curtisparkartcrawl.com
- A custom poster to hang in local shop windows and homes
- A Passport flier/map to be stamped at each studio upon visit. Filled passports can be entered in a drawing for one of four prize baskets containing art and local merchandise.
- An ad and article in the Viewpoint (our local paper).
- Press releases to local media outlets.
- Social media outreach on facebook, twitter, and instagram.
- Our studios will be listed in the printed guide released by Verge.
Please help fund promotions for our open studio tour. We ask you for:
- In-kind or cash donation valued at $75 to $100 in services, supplies, or merchandise for gift baskets delivered by August 31.
For your generous participation you receive your logo on our poster and one to hang in your window; a stop on our map; recognition in our raffle award; mentions in our press releases and website; and the pride of supporting local artists. Please note that this is a sponsorship of the Curtis Park Art Crawl and not the entire Sacramento Open Studios Tour.